X-Line DJD Insoles
Hallux Rigidus and Limitis Insoles designed to alleviate big toe joint pain or ache during and after activity. Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) in medical circles and this is the first insole designed for big toe osteoarthritis. Widely used in the NHS for Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitis.
Hallux Rigidus and Limitis Insoles
Hallux Rigidus insoles and Hallux Limitis Insoles designed to alleviate big toe joint pain or ache during and after activity.
Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD) in medical circles and this is the first insole designed for arthritis big toe. Widely used in the NHS for the treatment of Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitus.
- Features supports and contours that reduce the amount of bend in the big toe when walking
- Forefoot rocker precisely located to reduce big toe stress
- Heel and midfoot cradled to guarantee comfort
- The Cambrelle® top cover gives durability and an easy surface to clean
- For more information on this insole visit
Insoles for Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitus
As well as being insoles for Hallux Limitus and Hallux Rigidus, they are suitable for:-
- Osteoarthritis of the big toe joint
- Big toe pain during movement
- Deep pain from bunions
- Big toe sesamoiditis
- Golf or hiking induced big toe joint pain in feet
- Excellent for use after big toe joint surgery including fusion
For more information on big toe osteoarthritis
Our orthotics Hallux Limitus and Hallux Rigidus insoles fit the following types of shoe styles and footwear for menchronic and women :
- The DJD insole requires a deeper shoe with a deep toe box as has a slight arch support
- Works best in a shoe with a stiff sole
- Any lace-up shoe with a removable in-sock/insole should be sufficient
- All quality hiking boots
- Most trainers and walking shoes
- Most spacious golf shoes
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
The best insoles for hallux rigidus and limitis because:-
The X-Line DJD orthotics product has an array of features that combine to make movement more comfortable. There is a heel raise that tips your foot forward a little and gives arch support. This means your painful or troublesome joint doesn’t have to bend as much when you walk.
Insole Metatarsal Rocker
Underneath the insole is a ‘rocker’ which will help move your foot from stance phase (when you have fully weightbearing pressure) to toe-off. The 1st joint area has a recess or dip. This feature allows the 1st joint to ‘drop’ slightly from the arches which again allows a more efficient gait by assisting the joint into the toe-off stage.
Unique Features and Insole that Helps Arthritis
The whole insole is packed with unique features designed to assist the 1st joint move through the gait cycle of the feet. This innovation is proving popular with patients suffering from arthritis in the 1st joint, and those who have undergone recent bunion surgery.
Insoles for Arthritis Big Toe
Aching or pain in the big toe joint after activity is commonly caused by osteoarthritic changes. Osteoarthritis is called Degenerative Joint Disease in medical circles, therefore we called the insole designed to alleviate big toe joint pain the DJD orthotic device. It is the first insole designed for this chronic arthritic condition and is extremely effective, being widely used in the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
Used for severe big toe joint pain, and associated problems of a stiff big toe:
Can be used for any symptom linked to an osteoarthritis big toe, or after a big toe joint has been fused (arthrodesis).
- Pain in the big toe joint during exercise
- Back, leg and foot pains caused by having a stiff big toe joint
- Helps with problems with walking after the big toe joint has been surgically fused
- Particularly effective for big toe pain hiking or playing golf. The DJD insole requires a deeper shoe with a deep toe box
- Casual lace-up shoes, deep golf shoes, trainers or hiking boots are the best options t fit these insoles
- It is much easier to fit the DJD if the shoe has a removable in-sock
- Best results are achieved with a stiff-soled shoe.
The insole works by reducing the upward bending force and pressure usually put on your big toe as your heel lifts off the ground. However, cleverly it still allows your other toes to bend normally. This reduces the pain yet allows you to walk normally. Take it from us; that’s a neat trick!
- Heel raise to allow the foot to pitch over the big toe more easily
- A forefoot rocker precisely located to reduce big toe joint stress
- A special trench to reduce how much the big toe needs to bend when walking, or other activities
- Lesser toe platform, so other toes continue to work normally
- Heel cradle and mid-foot support for comfort.Designed in Britain by Healthy Step
What else can I do you help my big toe pain?
Apart from stiff-soled shoes, exercises have proved helpful. Try those we recommend for use with this insole.
Insoles for Arthritis
These insoles are designed for arthritis. Osteoarthritis, the cause of DJD, can cause your big toes to start to ache and be restricted in movement or be completely stiff. Because of this, we’ve found the X-Line DJD arthritis insoles to be particularly effective when used with foot strengthening exercises:
In addition, a therapy ball can be used to strengthen flexor muscles in the foot.