Gehwol Foot Deodorant Cream
Gehwol Foot Deodorant Cream (75ml) provides 24 hours of freshness to eliminate strong foot odour.
By using Manuka oil extract (from a New Zealand tree), a cream that has a broad-spectrum efficiency against bacteria and fungi and that cause foot smells. With regular application foot odour is prevented, the skin is protected against fungal infections.
• For prevention of strong foot odours
• Harmful to fungi and bacteria that cause foot smells
• Helps keep skin supple
• Mildly emollient, for drier skin
Gehwol Foot Deodorant Cream is suitable for patients with diabetes.
Getting Rid Of Foot Smells:
The smell from feet is not actually from the feet, but fungi and particularly bacteria that colonise our feet and shoes breaking down our sweat. The smell is called bromodosis.
It’s most common in teenagers and pregnant women due to hormonal changes, but if you have sweaty feet because you sweat a lot (hyperhidrosis) or have athletes foot you are likely to be particularly prone to smelly feet.
- The key to resolving the problem is cutting off the food supply to the bacteria, and that means reducing sweat and staying clean
- Change socks and hosiery frequently, it could need two or more changes in the day
- Wash your feet in antibacterial soap and use an antibacterial foot deodorant like Gehwol’s after drying
- Change your shoe daily and allow shoes to dry thoroughly before using again
- Try applying to your feet in an astringent such as surgical spirit or witch hazel
- Use a shoe deodorant or foot deodorant spray such as Gehwol’s
- Wear cotton based socks. Materials such as CoolMax® used in many TOETOE®, is particulasrly effective in reducing sweat
- Lift out any in-sock or insole out of the shoe to dry out which also helps the shoe dry out
- Go barefoot as much as you can
- Wear sandals and no socks when weather and environment allows
If this still doesn’t resolve the problem you can be prescribed a very strong antiperspirant known as an iontophoresis can be prescribed.
Sign up to receive our newsletter and special offers
Contains a highly effective combination of manuka oil and active zinc oxides for long lasting elimination of foot odour.
Manuka oil is skin friendly, and has a broad spectrum efficacy against bacteria and fungi
Gehwol Foot Deodorant cream is suitable for patients with diabetes.
Apply a small amount in the palm of your hand and massage into the feet once a day first thing after washing.
Wash your hands after use.
- It is advisable to carry out a patch test before using any essential oil
- Do not to be used on broken skin
- We advise that this product should be used with caution during pregnancy, or while breastfeeding, washing hands very carefully after use
- Cancer patients should seek advice from their oncologist before using the product
- This product is not to be used on children under 5 years of age
- As this product contains aloe vera it should not be ingested
- Once opened, use within 6 months
In the unlikely event of an adverse reaction, stop use immediately.
Active ingredients (75ml):
- Manuka extract, strong antimicrobial effect and combats skin irritation
- Jojoba oil, soothing and moisterising
- Aloe vera, said to have healing, soothing and moisterising properties
- Zinc oxide reduces sweat
Dermatologically tested. Also suitable for diabetics.
Other Popular HealthyStep Products You may also like…
WALKING SOCK (TWIN PACK)
3 Season comfort for walkers.Perfect with all types of walking boot or shoe.The 1000 Mile Walk Sock offers 3 season comfort and temperature control.
Fallen Arch Insoles
ArchAngel® fallen arches insoles have been designed and contoured to provide the best comfort and arch support for feet with fallen arches.
Super Strength Glucosamine Sulphate 1000mg
Glucosamine helps to maintain healthy joints, it is involved in the rebuilding of connective tissues around the joints, including tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
Gehwol Balance Leg & Foot Lotion
A pro-biotic care concept forms the basis of GEHWOL Balance Leg & Foot Lotion for skin stressed by external influences every day.It revitalises and strengthens the natural skin barrier.